Saturday, July 22, 2023

Saturday Happenings

 At the end of a long work week yesterday, I wasn't very excited to have a social event. I was invited to meet up with a couple of friends for work, and have a glass of wine at my friend's gorgeous home. I ended up going, and it was lovely. Sometimes, putting in the effort is really worth it. We caught up on summer travel plans, work gossip, & her rapid approach at being an empty nester. 

I'm also meeting another friend for a hike this morning, and planning to go for a run after that. I'm at the point in my relay training where I need lots of miles!

Here's what I'm up to today & tomorrow:

  • Meet a friend for a hike
  • Run a few miles
  • Have a call with friends to plan France trip
  • Clean the house
  • Laundry
  • Clean the fridge
  • Wash the bedding
  • Work in the garden
  • Practice French on Duolingo
  • Drop off an eBay sale at the post office box
  • Drop off a return at UPS
  • Trader Joes
  • Make a menu plan
  • Safeway
  • Read by the pool, if it doesn't get too hot
  • Long run (definitely tomorrow)
That's it for me. What are you up to this weekend? 

6 comments:

  1. That happens to me too, tired and not wanting to do plans, but making the effort and ending up having a lovely time. We have a plumber coming today to fix a kitchen sink issue while traveling a little bit to make a sale. Other than that working as usual. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your sink issue gets resolved! And, likewise. Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Are you enjoying your French lessons? Here in Canada it is mandatory to take French from kindergarten to the 8th grade. After that it can be a selection. I took French all the way to the end of the 12th grade. But as the saying goes if you don't use it, you lose it. Takes me a very long time now to translate and then change my English into French.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy learning, and took three years in high school. But, as you said, I didn't use it at all, and lost it. I recognize a lot of phrases, and things come back to me with practice, but it's a lot of work. I'm taking my sister to France for her 50th birthday, so trying to refresh my memory a bit!

      Delete
  3. Has Duolingo made you fluent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I wish! Definitely not. I took three years of French in high school, and then never used it again. I'm taking my sister to France for her 50th, so I'm practicing a bit.

      I really, really wish they offered Farsi, because I would practice that to fluency, so I could communicate with M's family. Unfortunately, I can't find a source.

      Delete