Monday, August 14, 2023

Menu Plan Monday

 It should be a pretty normal week this week. That said, the teens are rarely at home at the same time for dinner, given it's their last week of summer. Conflicting sports practices, dinners out with friends, etc. Here's what we're eating this week!

  • Friday - it was supposed to be just myself and M, so we had wings & chicken samosas + salad. Nick ended up going out later than planned, so I made him a chicken patty sandwich (freezer options for the win), as he joined us. We also had sliced tomatoes & berries, both from the garden, as a side. 
  • Saturday - M grilled burgers, & we had those with more sliced tomatoes. I had mine over a salad, and we served that with cheater TJs potato salad. I call it cheater, because potato salad is, in my mind, an effort to make, and buying it is much easier. ;-) 
  • Sunday - I prepped M's grilled chicken recipe while he helped a neighbor, and he grilled & made rice. 
  • Monday - we're having ground beef tacos 
  • Tuesday - leftover burgers & potato salad
  • Wednesday - leftover chicken & rice
  • Thursday - leftover smorgasbord
  • Friday - it sounds like Nick is going to have friends over to swim, so likely pizza & watermelon
What about you? What's on your menu this week?

5 comments:

  1. I made some zucchini fritters/ patties and vegetables au gratin so that'll be a few days of meals. My daughter and AI will get creative Thursday with some vegan option. I'm making soup today because it's rainy and cool, and inviting my sister over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, jealous of the zucchini fritters! The rabbits destroyed our plants this year. We put up large cages, but I think it's too late to expect any zucchinis. Enjoy your time with your sister!

      Delete
  2. It's supposed to be hot here in the PNW, the hottest week of the year, so meals will reflect that. Last night we had a cottage pie with leftover Mississippi pot roast (cooked in the slow cooker on a rare, rainy day last week.) The week's meals will consist of tuna pasta salad, grilled Wagyu steaks, fish and chips (or grilled salmon based on weather), enchilada casserole, and risotto, order to be determined later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really, really hoping it cools down before our relay (goes from Mt. Hood to Seaside) in 10 days or so. I'll pop in for the Waygu steaks, because yum!

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what we will be having, though I have followed my menu plan yesterday and today. I guess it all depends on how busy I get processing the garden....

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete