Tuesday, August 1, 2023

July Goals Recap

 July absolutely whizzed by. Work was much busier than expected, but it was a good month just the same. Overall, I feel good about the progress for the month. 

Here's how we did with our goals this month:


Financial:

  • Stick to our budget - mostly, yes. We have some yearly budget categories (vs monthly) that we are trending over for, so as we get closer to the end of the year, we'll have a better idea of how we fare. That said, I'm working  longer than I'd planned, so that income is more than offsetting the budget increases.
  • Use 6 "hard to use" freezer or pantry items. - I used 4 total this month (pepperoni that had been lingering forever, a mystery chicken dish, a chicken basil single serve meal, & a lunch soup sized frozen meal). 
  • Make $100 in side hustle -finally, a month where I had a few sales. I sold a ref kit, skirt, bike jersey & luggage tags. I made $130.
Family:
  • One fun activity with the kids - we bought a corn hole set, and have played that, and watched a lot of Wimbledon together. 
  • Plan something for the days off we have in July - we went to Half Moon Bay, and it was cool & gorgeous!
  • Work in the yard - not as much as I'd like (we had a bunch of hot days), but we've been staying on top of it
  • Two dates with M - yes, we went to HMB, and also sat by the pool several times & either had a cocktail, or just caught up & chatted. 
Fitness/Health:
  • Complete my running plan for the month - done! I ran about 75 miles this month
  • Follow the No S diet - yes, and I've lost 3.5 lbs this month
  • Meditate 10x - nope, this didn't happen
  • Set up overdue dentist appointment - yes, and they had a cancellation & squeezed me in
  • And, colonoscopy - this is happening in early August. Yay ;-) 
Personal:
  • Do something social with friends - I met a friend for a hike, another friend for a workout class/coffee & met up with two other friends for an after work glass of wine. 
  • Practice French on Duolingo - yes, I've been practicing most days
  • Land on timing for France trip + hotel & activities - timing is decided, hotels are booked & tours are largely decided on
  • Give away 20 items on BN - done, and more like 30 items were given away
  • Try new garden recipes - eh, not much here. I'd hoped to use zucchini for a new recipe, and the rabbits (I think) have eaten every single zucchini. We've since added a cage, and will see if we are able to successfully grow anything
  • Get back into journaling - no progress. 
Did you set any goals for July? If so, how did you do?


2 comments:

  1. You did very well. I only managed to get a few of my goals completed, so they will be carried over to this month.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal was to get through my murder jury trial and the gigantic caseload of other cases for the month and not collapse. Mission accomplished…. sort of….I went home and just stuffed a sandwich or salad in my face and slept until the next morning every day.. lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete