I thought I would recap my December goals, as a kick start to my year in review & plans for 2012!
These were my December goals:
- Lose 5 lbs - get weight back to 144 pounds. - I started out the month at 152 pounds, and ended at 150. While not my goal, I'm excited that I lost/maintained over the holidays!
- Complete 500 minutes of cardio - I blew this one out of the water & completed 777 minutes of cardio. Yes!
- Complete 8 strength workouts - I did this! I did exactly 8 cardio workouts, and dragged myself to the gym yesterday to complete the final one. :-)
- Plan spring break trip - We may be buying a new car in the next week or so, which means our spring break plans are on hold for a bit.
- Plan mid-winter break trip - I think I have a solid plan for this, but need to review with the other players (my sister & husband). :-) This status is unchanged since the beginning of December, so fail.
- Bake Christmas cookies with the kids & take them to look at holiday lights. - We did both!
- Track all spending - Just wrapping up the December spending report, so done!
- Monthly expenditures total less than $15,000, with the exception of using the bonus money to pay off the $35K 401K loan. - Major fail. December was a very expensive month. Full financial breakout to come.
- Keep grocery bill to $600 - Fail - we spent $763. I forgot that we would be bringing an expensive sandwich tray to Christmas Eve ($75), we were bringing expensive drinks to several parties, and I was in charge of bringing various dishes to school events. Looking back, this goal was unrealistic.
- Get together with two friends - Done - I got together with a friend from high school (for the first in several years!) & met another work friend for coffee.