- I'm excited for the weekend! We have my nephew's birthday party tomorrow, I'm running a race on Sunday morning (a 12K), I'm baking cookies with the kids in the afternoon, & then we're having our annual holiday get together with friends in the evening. We're keeping it simple (and inexpensive!) this year. We typically order food, but this year I'm making salad, appetizers, & a couple of varieties of homemade pizza. Plus wine & the cookies, we should be all set.
- Inspired by Sluggy, I've been trying to work a few deals at Rite Aid. My goal was to earn the holiday bonus ($10 UP after spending $75), & not to buy anything we didn't already need. I didn't do a great job of tracking, but I do know that I spent a total of $47.01 at Rite Aid. I'm $7 away from the reward, & I have $7 of UPs to use, so that's a wash. I'm also going to be getting a $10 UP from the promo, & a $9 rebate from the purchase of a "try me free" mascara. I attempted to buy things that we needed, and had UP awards. Overall, I feel like I was pretty successful, considering I started from scratch on the UP awards. What did I buy?
- $2.92 - cold medicine for the kids. We were out - this was a need.
- $7.67 - Soap. Again, we were out.
- $4.66 - Dry shampoo. Bought it to have on hand, as I still have about half of my current bottle. I use this a lot after running, when I can't squeeze in washing my hair. (I always shower. ;-))
- $14.77 - A giving tree gift - a fabulous glittery nail polish set.
- $9.80 - The free mascara
- $7.19 - A new blush. I earned a $5 UP, so $2.19. I'm about 1/2 way through my existing blush, so this was a stock up item.
I'm looking forward to having a glass of wine with M tonight, possibly taking the kids out to see some Christmas lights, & heating up an easy dinner from the freezer. So grateful for an easy meal after a week like this!
What are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun on the agenda?