Thursday, February 7, 2013

February Fitness Challenge - Week 1!

The first week of the February Fitness Challenge is wrapping up. How did you do on your goals?

Here are the goals that I set for the month, & my progress against them.

1) Track my calories in MyFitnessPal every day, & stay within my calorie allotment 90% of the time. In February, that boils down to 25 days. It's my birthday month, so trying to be realistic. - Let's see, I tracked my calories every day, & have stayed within my calorie allotment six of the seven days last week (went over on a day of back-to-back super high calorie burn - skiing & 9 mile run). That's 86%, but close.
2) Get 1,000 minutes of cardio. - I'm at 422 minutes, so well on my way to this goal!
3) Complete 10 strength workouts. - I'm at 2 workouts, so need to step this up.
4) Complete 7 stretching workouts. - I'm at 1, so this needs to be a focus for the rest of the month.
5) Bonus goal - attend a Pilates or Barre workout class. I have a Groupon for a local studio, but have never made it given M's travel schedule & the kids. I'd love to make this a priority. - I called & left a message at the studio, & registered for a class next week. Haven't heard back, but this should work!

If you haven't joined the challenge, you can join for the next three weeks & still be entered to win the prizes! You'll get an entry for each week where you participate in the challenge, & the random drawing winners will each receive $25 via paypal.

If you have a blog, comment with the link to your Week 1 wrap up. If you don't have a blog, detail your goals & progress in the comments!

Can't wait to hear how you all did. :-)

6 comments:

  1. all the best for your fitness challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my post....
    http://givemyselfaraise.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/fitness-challenge-week-1/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am trying to get back on track after my week of indulgence in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my post from week 1.
    http://skammlife.blogspot.com/2013/02/fitness-challenge-catch-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Some people are trying out methods similar to going on a diet and also health and fitness applications to lower body weight and turn into nutritious.It's really hard but there are lots of advantages in doing physical fitness such as to prevent health problems.


    fenugreek extract

    ReplyDelete
  6. Degenerative disc disease in neck is not actually a disease at all. It's a process that happens to everyone with aging. The spinal discs go through natural changes as we age. Degeneration of the disc usually happens in the lumbar area or in the neck, but it can occur anywhere along the spine. When this process happens, the disc can cause pressure on the spine and the nerves and may affect nerve function and cause pain. Though this happens to all of us, most people won't experience pain...do inversion tables help neck pain

    ReplyDelete