Given the challenges that January held, I think I kept things together pretty well.
I had some very lofty goals for the month:
- Lose 4 pounds. This should be very doable. Goal end weight for January is 143. - ha ha. Yes, so doable. ;-) I lost two pounds, & honestly, I'm pretty thrilled. I'm in pretty good shape, & have really good eating habits, so getting my weight down further is an exercise in patience. I'm not looking for short term wins, but long term progress. I also know that as I ramp my running, my muscle tone changes, which slows down the scale, but makes me look noticeably fitter & makes my clothes fit better. I'll take it.
- Track food & exercise every day in My Fitness Pal. - Done! My goal for this month was really to get into the habit with this, & I did it. I didn't follow the calorie goals every day (more on that later), but I did track myself every day.
- Complete 1100 minutes of cardio. - I completed 1036 minutes, which is well above my monthly average for 2012.
- Complete 10 strength workouts. - I completed 8 strength workouts.
- Complete 10 stretching workouts. - I completed 4 stretching workouts. Honestly, the only time I have to do these is after the kids go to bed, & I'm typically too beat to make it happen.
- Run consistently, which means:
- Run 1 race. I'm currently signed up for a very close (& frugal - $15!) race on January 12th. - Done!
- Run 20 miles/week. - Nope. This was unrealistic this month, given our skiing schedule.
- Run 100 miles for the month. - Ditto above. I ran just over 64 miles this month.
What about you? How did you do on your January goals?