2013 brought *many* unexpected changes our way. I found out I had lupus, we moved to California for M's work, I quit my job, and then found a new one. As a result of this, plus normal inertia, I'm not very far along on my 2013 goals, but here goals. Status check!
- Lose 12 pounds, bringing my weight to 135. I'm trying to shoot for a healthy, but realistic number. - I'm at 145. I'm pretty proud that I didn't gain more with the move, cutting back on my exercise, etc. I definitely want to continue to drive this down into the 130s.
- Track my food/exercise every day in My Fitness Pal. - Yes!
- Improve my fitness by doing the following:
- Complete 13,000 minutes of cardio. This will be a huge stretch goal for me, but I'm ready for the challenge! - I'm way off track after two really low months in August & September. I'm at 7,800. I'll push for 10,000 for the year, but that will be a stretch.
- Complete 100 strength workouts. - Yes, I'm on track at exactly 75! :-)
- Complete 100 stretching workouts. - Sadly, I'm at 22. I did sign up for a yoga/pilates class, so I've been attending regularly.
- Run consistently, as measured by the following:
- Run 10 races. I have a few in mind, but basically want to challenge myself to really maintain my running endurance throughout the year. - No longer a goal, but I've completed 4 races this year. I'm hoping to finish with six races.
- Run 20 miles (or more per week). - Not a goal anymore, due to my lupus.
- Run 1000 miles in 2013. - Not a goal anymore, due to my lupus
- Achieve a personal best in a half marathon. - Done!!!
- Run a 5K, 10K, 15K, & potentially a 30K. - Well, I've done a 5K & 10K. I'd love to do a 15K. The 30K is out of reach. :-)
- Reach 50% of our boys college fund savings. This will take around $10,000, depending on the tuition price fluctuation. - No, we stopped putting money in when we were considering the move. We're at 44%.
- Pay $50,000 of principal on our mortgages. - Ditto above. The move moved this onto the backburner, but I hope to close at $20,000.
- Have one date night per month with M, & get together with two friends per month. - Yes!
- Track our spending, stick to our budget, & continue the monthly reports. - Yes!
- Review our charitable contributions, & increase our yearly giving by 10%. - Yes!
- Organize one room in our house per month. - Oh my, yes. We moved. So, I probably eliminated 1/3 of our overall belongings.
- Learn to bake bread (bagels, english muffin bread, sandwich bread). This is partially because I'd like to trim our grocery budget, but also because it's something I've tried & failed at before & just want to improve. - Yes!
- Create/finalize will & guardianship papers. I hesitated even adding this to my goals, as I've failed at this for the last two years. But, it's important enough that I'm adding it again. - No. *blush*
- Generate $1,000 in "side hustle", loosely defined as anything outside my normal paycheck, for the year. I've never tracked this before, so keeping the bar low. The money will be used to convert my grandmother's old movies into DVDs, and the rest will go towards my sister's 40th birthday trip. - Oh yes! I made over $3,000!
So, there's all of that. I still have some goals to focus on, although some of the running & financial ones are just permanently adjusted due to my health & our new life. 2014 will see some different goals as well.
And, I just want to share that Sluggy (Don't Read This, It's Boring) is helping out Judy. Judy is an amazing lady, who lost her husband this year. She's struggling, and could use a boost up to catch up on her bills and get her life back together after some very challenging times. Big hugs going out to Judy, and to Sluggy for putting together the fundraising. I know we all have our own ways we like to donate, and our own financial priorities, but if you can help out with $5, or whatever you have available, I know it would go a long way to helping a virtual friend.
How are you doing with your 2013 goals?