Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday night chit chat

We had a great & productive Sunday around our house. Ran errands with the kids, went to an open house, picked persimmons for our Thanksgiving party we're attending (they specifically asked for fresh persimmons from our yard), a run/bike ride with the kids, yoga this morning, & wine + laughter with M tonight. A great day. :-) I wish we didn't have to work tomorrow - the boys are out of school all week. They'll be at a camp Monday-Wednesday, but we have Thursday & Friday. Both M & I are on call over the holidays (the downside of being the new employees), so fingers crossed nothing comes up.

Last year at this time, we were in Hawaii! Thinking fondly of our fabulous trip. We were just talking today about our 10 year plan, & it definitely still includes relocating (part-time, most likely) to Hawaii. Can't wait! :-)




Thanks, as always to Carla for hosting the Chit Chat!

  • Reading: "Worth the Weight", on my Kindle. Overall, it's pretty good, for a free book. :-) 
  • Listening to: "Monster" by Eminem & Rihanna. What can I say? It's stuck in my head? 
  • Watching: Arthur, with the kiddos.
  • Cooking/Baking: I made: homemade bread, chocolate chip cookies, & two kinds of pizza over the weekend.
  • Happy you accomplished this week: I wrapped up a few big work projects, which is great, since the next six weeks will be our busy of the year. Yikes. I also picked most of the persimmons, picked up gifts for our giving tree gifts, and purchased the supplies for our contribution to the Thanksgiving party.
  • Looking forward to next week: Thanksgiving, & two days off! It's been a long time since I've had no vacation days. ;-) 
  • Thankful for today: So thankful for my hilarious kids. They have finally discovered the electric keyboard they received last year for Christmas, & are making all kinds of "interesting" songs. ;-) 
  • Bonus Question: When do your Christmas/Holiday Decorations go up? - After Thanksgiving sometime!

2 comments:

  1. We are in central IL and our kids have school Mon- Wed. I am ready for a few days off from work and can't wait to spend a few days with family. We start putting our decorations up after Thanksgiving also. Have. Good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a productive week! I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete