M & I only exchange a few small tokens, so I've wrapped his gifts & they are now under the tree. :-)
Unfortunately, when we were unpacking the Christmas decorations, we discovered that the movers did a really terrible job packing the items, & my favorite Christmas decoration (an advent house monogramed with our name), is substantially damaged after the move. This is especially sad because they don't make them anymore. :-(
As for today, we plan to hike up to the Stanford Dish, which will complete all of the things the boys asked to do on our long weekend:
- Santa Cruz Boardwalk (we did this on Friday)
- Put up the Christmas tree (yesterday)
- Visit the Winchester Mansion (yesterday)
- Hike up to the Stanford Dish (today)
We also bought the game Clue, & have been having a great time teaching the boys how to play. :-)
Here's what else I'm hoping to accomplish today:
- Wrap a couple of bigger items that we're not taking on the plane (the boys are getting scooters, but we will give them to them the day we fly out).
- Pick all remaining persimmons, as the crows & squirrels are making a giant mess in our yard.
- Do yoga
- Finish my November goals summary.
- Write up December goals.
- Make a menu plan.
- See if our babysitter is available for a party in two weeks.
- Deal with an IRS drama. Oh my. Way back last year, we had to pay back part of an advance from 2011 that was miscategorized as a bonus. We did all of this, paid back the bonus, and eventually had to refile our 2011 taxes, and received a return. Apparently, M's employer at the time, did not file his revised W2, so the refund is due back to the IRS, unless we fill out a mountain of paperwork. I'm so tired of this situation & want it to go away.
I think that will about cover it!
Here's a picture of the view from Thanksgiving. We were invited to join M's cousin's wife's family (got that? :-)) at their home on Thursday, & suffice it to say, the house was amazing. As Nick said, "it's a mansion!" It was pretty terrifying to have my two boys roaming around in a home filled with extremely expensive antiques, but we did make it out without damaging anything!
Hope your Sunday is relaxing! What are your plans for today?