It's an *enormous* amount of basil, and there's still quite a bit outside. It was starting to flower, so it was a must pick situation. ;-) I made a giant batch of pesto, but ran out of pine nuts, & still have 2/3 of the basil left.
I also juiced all of the lemons (there was another bowl not pictured), and have lemon bread in the oven. Yum!
I haven't figured out what to do with the oranges. The mandarins are sweet, but have lots of seeds. The navel oranges never got too sweet, so they are not good for juice. I have to get creative. Maybe marmalade. :-)
Other than that, Sam had a soccer game this morning, M is at Costco picking up our groceries, and I have a few things on my list for the rest of the day:
- Hit the library with the kids. We need to exchange our books.
- An easy run. I have a long run tomorrow, so today should be relatively short & leisurely.
- Yoga. Must.Fit.In.
- Look for swimming lessons for Nick.
- Plan a menu for next week.
- Go to the local produce stand
- Grocery store for a few things Costco doesn't have.
- Clean the fridge
- Start packing for my trip next week.
- Figure out what to make with some chocolate caramel bars no one wants to eat plain (cookies, maybe?), & sesame sticks that went uneaten & are now stale.
In other news, I made an easy & fabulous recipe last night - Pesto Quinoa with Shrimp & Tomatoes. Super easy & fabulous, especially with homemade pesto.
What about you? Any good recipes with oranges, or pesto? Have you made anything fabulous lately? Please share!