Here's how 2014 played out, from a fitness perspective:
- Weight - I did lose weight (9 lbs), but then gained it back. One of my goals for 2015 is to end the year at my low weight, and not go through this awful cycle of losing in the spring & summer, only to put the weight right back on at the end of the year. For me, it has to do with not being able to run/walk outside in the dark, and a super busy work season. Combined with a general lack of motivation at the end of the year.
- Running - I finished a half marathon, as I'd hoped. I have it on the goals list again this year! I'd like to do a variety of runs this year.
- Cardio - I barely eeked out the last few minutes, but finished with 10,005 minutes of cardio. It took a 6 mile walk yesterday in the 30 degree weather to accomplish this. ;-)
- Strength - I finished with 77 strength workouts.
- Stretching - a pitiful 32 stretching workouts. Definitely an area for improvement in 2015.
- Calories - one of my goals was to track my calories every day of the year. I did it! Here's what the math shows:
Daily calorie average in 2013 - 1637
Daily calorie average in 2014 - 1578
Interesting! I'm guessing that my tracking is either incorrect (likely, given that I now "eat out" at work every day, and it's much harder to track the calories), or that my vastly increased cardio workouts in 2013 made the difference.
And, here's a look at my monthly calories for the year. As you can see, March & June were my best months, BY FAR! June is especially impressive given that I was training hard for a half marathon. The low months were . . . well, there were a lot of them. My daily goal should be 1500 or so.
|2014 Yearly average||Average||Total|
My goals for 2015 will be to average the year out at 1500 (or below), and to be more precise with my calorie tracking. Especially with the food I eat out.
How about you? Did you have any fitness goals in 2014? How did you do?