- M & I went for a run this morning (the boys were carpooling to soccer practice). Sidenote - I'm SO out of shape.
- I finally sold our tiny skis for $75 on Craigslist (woohoo!)
- I listed an old tablet on eBay & have an iPad I'm going to list this afternoon
- We have a fridge full of leftovers, so dinner prep should be minimal this week
- And, we're taking the kids to the movies this afternoon with a gift card that they received in their stockings.
I also made the artisan bread recipe that Carla posted a few days ago, and it was delicious!
On to my frugal fail. Back before Christmas, I realized that we'd have a few days off with the kids, and no planned activities/sports, etc. I looked on Groupon & found a few winners. On Friday, I drove 25 minutes to one of the Groupons, only to find out that I went to the wrong kids activity place. I bought a Groupon for something with a VERY similar name, but isn't the same place. Unfortunately, the Groupon that I actually have is very limited (free play time is only available when there aren't birthday parties going on). And, since we were already there & I desperately needed to use WiFi to reply to some work emails, I ended up paying just over $40 for the kids to play for two hours. Talk about a non-frugal move!
If I had planned for the expense (and, we would have come earlier/stayed longer to offset the cost), it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. But, now I'm out the money for the Groupon, unless we can make it work after school or something, and I wasted money on an entirely different activity.
Ah, I tried. Can't win them all. Note to self - I really need to pay more attention to the details on the Groupons before I purchase!
What are some of your recent frugal wins/fails?