So, drumroll, we were under our monthly budget by $120. I'm shocked!
We were over in some categories:
- Childcare, by $414. I've started booking summer camps.
- Dining out by $212. A few birthday meals (mine & Sam's) killed us.
- Toiletries, by $90. I stocked up before my Tokyo trip, and bought a bunch of over the counter medicine that I didn't have last time, plus face wash, etc.
But, we were under in lots of other categories:
- Cleaning by $210. Our cleaning lady went out of town unexpectedly, and we took care of it ourselves.
- Gas by $153.
- Groceries by $18. Helped that we were out of town for a long weekend
- Utilities by $444. Only because our billing cycles fell in January & March, due to the shortened February month.
We're having to make major updates to our monthly budget to accommodate our tax withholding changes, so look for a revised (and much smaller) monthly budget soon.
How did you do in February? Did you spend more or less than you'd planned?