On the holiday preparations, here's where things stand:
- Finish all shopping - complete!!!
- Mail all packages - complete!!!
- Work on holiday cards - not started, not sure if we're going to send them out this year
- Bake special family bread recipe - not started, scheduled for the weekend
- Menu plan with my mom & sister for the holidays - mostly complete
- Plan events/menu for our time at the vacation house with the family - rough draft
- Finish all wrapping - almost all there. Still waiting for a few packages to arrive
So, that's how we're doing! As with my long-stranding tradition, I took all under budget holiday money & applied it to a charitable donation - a food bank this year, as my employer was offering a 4x match. Win/Win!
On the work bonus & raise, the numbers are in! I got a 12% raise this year (same as last year, but mostly due to my promotion). That will take effect on my next paycheck. And, I got a $58.6K bonus - a $10K increase over last year. The company actually restructured our total compensation, and did away with another bonus that I received last year, so it's slightly less in total money. But, I was aware of the change, so no surprises there.
I'm very excited to have the numbers in, so I can continue modifying my 40 week plan! Here's how I plan to allocate my bonus:
- $16,000 - max out 401K (I'll already have contributed a bit with previous paychecks)
- $18,700 - taxes
- $23,700 - straight to the 40 week savings fund!
And, no rain. :-) Maybe this post will send Mother Nature into overdrive! In my old Seattle area, it's raining plenty - flooding, in fact.
How are your holiday preparations coming along?