Overall, we were under by $715. I'll take it!
Areas where we were over:
- Dining out - Over by $484! This was due to a variety of things. M's birthday, Father's Day, a celebration of the last day of school, and an overnight Father's Day trip.
- Groceries - Over by $68. Not too bad, considering we hosted six extra people at our vacation house for 4 days.
- Alcohol - over by $103. See above. Entertaining. :-)
- Toiletries - Over by $8. Had to restock our vacation house with a few things.
Areas where we were under budget:
- Childcare - Under by $270, due to being on vacation for a few weeks.
- Cleaning - under by $180. Again, we were out of town & I did it myself.
- Gas - $137.27 - I rode my bike in June, got a ride home from a long work trip, and rode with my Mom to the beach, and went carless for three days when we were on vacation.
- Vacation house mortgage - Under by $633. We paid for the closing costs & appraisal, but it was less than our standard monthly payment.
- Utilities - Under by $151. Summer is generally less for all of the bills.
And, we were right on (or, within $5) for our other categories: Entertainment, Insurance, Rent, etc.
Given the multiple trips in June (two trips for me to Portland, a 10 day family vacation, an overnight trip to Monterey), I'm very happy with our spending. What about you? How did you do with your budget in June?