Here's the plan for the rest of the week & looking ahead to next week:
Sunday - Salmon & rice
Monday - leftover risotto
Tuesday - leftover pizza
Wednesday - leftover salmon & rice
Thursday - I'll be out of town. M on his own with the boys
Friday - I'll be out of town. M on his own with the boys
Saturday - Grilled burgers & corn with our overnight guests
Sunday - grilled fish, rice & some sort of vegetable
I've been putting the house back in order, and have accomplished a few frugal things:
- Cleaned the house. Cleaning lady will come next Friday. I did train both boys how to clean bathrooms & dust (it's an ongoing process) & gave them a little spending money as a reward. Savings - $80
- No meals out. Made all of our meals this week, despite coming back from vacation to chaos. Savings, unknown.
- Reduced camp package for next week, as I was able to arrange a carpool. Savings ~$80
- Picked & juiced lemons, vs letting them go to waste in the fridge. This is mostly just for my own mental sanity of not having them loose in the fridge & feeling like I'm wasting a resource. But, we will make things.
- Came up with a plan to take a few drinks/snacks on my trip next weekend, to reduce costs.
- Found a free happy hour at the hotel we're staying at next weekend (belated 40th birthday girls trip) for Thursday & Friday night. Estimated savings vs going out - $60
Not a perfect week by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm always on the look out for ways to save, while maintaining a well balanced life. I'm off to do yoga!
What's on your menu for the week?