I'm back from a fantastic girls trip to Napa. Lots of girl time was had, as well as lots of laughs. And champagne. ;-)
I threw together a quick menu, so I wouldn't be scrambling mid-week. Here's the plan.
- Saturday - beef kebabs, rice, yogurt sauce, & homemade lemon drops (courtesy of my lovely husband)
- Sunday - fresh Sockeye salmon with rice & salad
- Monday - leftover kebabs (me, kids), & salmon (M) with rice & salad
- Tuesday - at a concert (freebie tickets from work), where food will be served. Kids will eat with the sitter.
- Wednesday - Salmon, kebab & rice leftovers
- Thursday - tacos, chips, & guacamole
- Friday - homemade risotto (with chicken sausage & peppers)
- Saturday - calzones
- Sunday - grilled fish or steak
And, a few frugal things, in a decidedly non-frugal week:
- I was able to arrange (and participate) in carpools & adjust my work week so that I didn't need any after care at all last week. This will save me around $200.
- I utilized a free work gift card to buy lunch on my way to Napa. Saved $10 (out of pocket, $.21). :-)
- I utilized a free work gift card to buy $20 of bakery items when my friends were in town. Leftovers will go to the kids lunches this week. Out of pocket, $0.
- I found a nanny (fingers crossed! Waiting for final acceptance) & was able to negotiate for $1/hour less than what we are paying now. This is commensurate with her experience level, but every bit helps.
- We used an Uber to get back & forth between a few wineries. Much cheaper than other transportation options, and of course, safe when having a tasting.
- I won free tickets to the Barenaked Ladies concert tomorrow, in addition to a free parking pass & food/drink options. Not an entirely free date night (I paying for a sitter), but I'll take it. A huge win!
If I manage to secure a nanny for the upcoming school year, I will consider this week a huge win! What about you? What's on the menu? Any big frugal plans for the week?