Here are my frugal Friday wins for the week. (Note, it wasn't a particularly frugal week on whole, with eating out, wine, Ubers to wineries, etc.)
- Sold our TV stand through our local Facebook group for $30. Finally! I've had this listed for several months.
- Filled out some sort of tiny property tax exemption that every homeowner occupant (vs homeowners who rent out) qualify for in my county. It's a very, very small amount of the overall total, but should save around $80 annually. I'll take it!
- Stayed at a condo that I won in the school auction (sunk costs), & used that for our girls trip this year.
- The condo had a kitchen, so we brought breakfast stuff, to avoid eating at least one meal out.
- I have friends arriving this afternoon (her daughter is touring colleges in the area), & despite my overall schedule craziness & strong desire to order delivery, I'll be making dinner this evening. :-) I'm making a family favorite of tacos, chips with guacamole, & margaritas for the adults.
- Used our previous high school aged babysitter (she's now home from college for the summer) for after care this week, as camp ends at 3 pm each day. It was about $100 cheaper to have her pick up the kids & allow them to relax & swim at the house, etc vs having two kids in the hourly camp after care.
And, with that, on to the giveaway! I have a $10 Dunkin Donut gift card, and no local store near me. (I had to cash out expiring hotel points, and refused to let them just expire. The gift card was the only item I had enough points to purchase.) So, please leave me a comment between now & next Friday with one frugal thing you did this week, and I'll enter you into the drawing! The drawing will end at 5:00 pm PST next Friday (7/28), and I'll draw a comment randomly & email you if you are the winner. Please make sure you are logged in when you comment, so I can send you an email to get your contact info & send the gift card out through physical mail.
We sign papers to sell our Seattle house this afternoon! So excited to be making progress in the right direction. Home stretch, friends!