Other than that, it was the best family vacation (with my parents/sister's family) that we've ever had. The boys all got along, the weather was perfect, and we got a lot of house projects done as well. We ran out of time to do some touch up painting & exterior window maintenance, so my sister & mom will make a trip back to take care of that. This vacation has been so relaxing, with minimal work (my job), and lots of time to spend time together.
As for today, I'm exhausted due to not sleeping last night. I'm just relaxing around the house, getting bags packed, doing laundry & dishes & taking care of Sam. He seems to be feeling a bit better, which is great news, as tomorrow involves a 2+ hour drive from the coast, plus a flight.
I have a bit of a pit in my stomach at the thought of what I need to accomplish tomorrow & Friday. It's going to be a bit of whirlwind. I need to:
- Pack for my trip to Tokyo (Saturday)
- Create a schedule (including finding a ride to camp for Nick on Monday)
- Iron on all Boy Scouts patches for Sam's uniform
- Help Sam get packed for camp
- Bring Sam/his gear to a bag check in the evening on Friday
- I have someone coming by for our TV stand (finally)!
- Prep food for Nick/M to eat while I'm gone
- Catch up on email/work on Friday
- Post a nanny ad. . . ahh, the ongoing super fun times continue. :-)
- Clean the house
That's about it from me. I hope you all had a fabulous long weekend (for those of you in the US!).