I was up at 3:30 and have just decided to stay awake at this point.
I'm feeling a little sad that I wasn't able to accomplish much/any of my to do list yesterday (cooking, cleaning, organizing, etc). But, we definitely made the best of it. . . drinking margaritas by the pool while the boys were off with friends.
My youngest is off on a camping trip to the Russian River with friends. Apparently, they went fishing. So, so cute. Mine is the one in the orange shirt.
It looks like the weather may be cooling down a bit today, and another ten degrees by Monday. Thank goodness! For today, maybe we will head to Half Moon Bay & enjoy the cooler temperatures.
Other than that, we've been doing a reasonably good job of eating things from the freezer & fridge. Yesterday as the exception. We were supposed to grill fish & M just couldn't hack the heat. We went out (both boys were with friends), so free bonus date night! (Well, the sitter part was free.) We had a lovely dinner out & enjoyed the unplanned date in a cool restaurant.
Random things we've eaten this week:
- Baked a quiche for dinner. This was one of two quiches my dad made when he was here. We ate one, and froze the second. I was happy to clear up some freezer space & to have a quick & easy dinner. Ham & cheese quiche with fresh garden tomatoes.
- One serving of chicken enchiladas (freezer). Same as above. Leftover from a dinner my dad cooked when he was here. I ate this for lunch on Friday, as I was working from home.
- Leftover kebabs transformed into a lunch sandwich for M, using spicy hummus, garden tomatoes & a ciabatta roll. On the panini maker.
- Leftover quiche (minus crust, which was a bit soggy), stuffed into 1/2 a toasted pita with garden tomatoes for my lunch yesterday. Yum. Served with a pear & a post lunch popsicle. ;-)
- Planning our 2018 travel budget & calendar
- Finalizing the remainder of my 2017 work travel. Looks like: London, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo. A little worried about the current political environment & visiting Seoul/Tokyo right now.
- Chatting through remodeling/update plans with M & determining ordering, budget, etc.
- Make a menu plan for the week
- Review my existing travel rewards (points programs) & update my tracker so I can determine whether there are options to use any points during 2018, understand upcoming expiration dates, etc.