Sunday, February 4, 2018

A tired Sunday

Normally I'm pretty on top of things, but today has been one of those days. Got up early enough to take the boys to 8:00 am soccer, and got there & realized practice was at a different location. The coach had sent email about this, but worded it in a way that I thought he was talking about a different team. Scrapped soccer, & came home.

The boys & I cleaned the house (oh, having preteens help with the cleaning is such an exercise in patience!) I know it's a great longer term investment, but . .. Sam was in charge of vacuuming the floor, and it's still not very clean. Anyway, house is "clean" & ready to start the week. I also removed everything from the fridge & scrubbed down every drawer & surface. It needed it.

I took Nick to a quick playdate, & then dealt with some eBay sales, packed stuff up for our afternoon outing, & made lunches to go. Picked Nick up again, & took both boys to the BMX bike race. A friend is giving them a ride home.

I knew I wanted to work out, so I got out my HIIT workout DVD, got all of my stuff out, turned on the warm up . . . and nothing. Just can't do it. I'm exhausted & have a headache. Getting started is the hardest part of a workout, so I blame jet lag. Plan to relax for the rest of the day & get to bed early.

We'll be having a Mexican themed "linner" to go with the Super Bowl. I'll try & eat mostly veggies with hummus, but we'll also have tacos, nachos & taquitos. Should be lovely.

I also want to get outside to soak in a bit more sun - to help out with the jet lag! What about you? What are you eating this Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get the needed rest/sun/ relaxation to recoup from jet lag.
    Super Bowl food here too! I am calling it variation on a theme of tacos and following Two Men and a Little Farm's sheet meal idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might not just be jet lag, maybe the lupus acting up? That is exactly how my fibro acts sometimes. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete