Saturday, February 3, 2018

Shopping Saturday

I got back from Tokyo yesterday, & I am . . . very jet lagged! I missed 2 nights of sleep due to traveling, but slept for 12 hours yesterday. I'm still pretty groggy, but am trying to power through today.

I went to Costco & got groceries for the week. Here's what we got:

  • Milk - $4.59
  • Sandwich rolls - $6.49
  • Yogurt - $6.39 (I won't have time to make any before dinner tomorrow, but will reserve some of this for my next starter batch)
  • Bagels - $5.99
  • Apples - $6.49
  • Pineapple - $2.99
  • Pita chips - $4.99
  • Two cantaloupe - $3.59
  • Kiwi - $6.49
  • Cheddar - $4.99
  • Pears - $8.49 (I grabbed the wrong kind - these were more expensive :-((
  • Tomatoes - $6.49
  • Carrots - $4.99
  • Clementines - $6.49
  • Ground beef - $18.66
  • Bagel bites - $5.99
  • Panko chicken - $8.99
  • Cucumber - $4.99x2
  • Pants for Sam's birthday - $14.99
  • Lettuce - $3.79
  • Broccoli - $5.99
No tax on food, but paid $1.35 in tax on the pants. Total trip = $149.20. I like to be at $125 at Costco, so I can also get items at the produce stand. So, pretty much on target, as the pants come from the gift budget. I rarely get broccoli at Costco, as it goes bad before I can use it. I'm going to try roasting some this week, to make sure it doesn't go bad. 

For the rest of the day, I need to get outside! It's 72 out right now, and a gorgeous day. The sun also helps your body adjust to jet lag, I've heard. 

Here's my list for today:
  • Make a menu 
  • Make a Costco list
  • Costco
  • Produce stand
  • Trader Joes
  • Grocery store
  • Take Nick to his futsal game
  • Get some exercise 
  • Mail 3 ebay packages
  • Laundry
  • Pay bills 
  • Update our budget
That's pretty much it. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed and impressed that you could get to Costco and write about it while experiencing jet lag. Hope you get much more recuperative time.

    ReplyDelete