Monday, February 19, 2018

I love long weekends

It was a little crazier than normal, as Sam had a birthday party on Friday, followed by a sleepover. Both boys had soccer on Saturday, & then we skied on Sunday. Getting ready for skiing, followed by cleaning up & unpacking from skiing were really half day projects. I'm tuckered out! So happy to have today off.

And yes, we finally, five years later, took the boys skiing. It's so much of commitment here (cost, drive time, etc) vs where we could do quick trips in Seattle. But, they had a blast yesterday & we really enjoyed being back on the mountains. We will certainly try to go again & optimize our time.

In other news, I've been working on our menu. Here's what we're thinking about this week.

Menu Plan:


  • Friday - we had a pizza party at the bowling alley (Sam's birthday)
  • Saturday - I made chicken fiesta rice + guacamole
  • Sunday - we ate at a Spaghetti Factor on our way home. 
  • Monday - I made butternut squash soup & prepped everything for goat cheese crostini for tonight. I'm driving to soccer practice, so need everything ready to go. 
  • Tuesday - leftover chicken fiesta rice
  • Wednesday - leftover soup & rolls
  • Thursday - Eat any remaining leftovers, or make my go to backup spaghetti & meatballs. 
  • Friday - Planning to make chicken risotto with grilled chicken (freezer) + goat cheese (also freezer). I need to use up  bunch of chicken broth I made after I roasted my first chicken. It's taking up a lot of freezer space!


I don't have a ton of energy & am trying to recoup today. But, here are a few things I'd like to do before I go to bed:


  1. Some sort of a workout. May do a walk or run when I'm at Nick's soccer practice
  2. List a couple of items on eBay
  3. Organize my schedule for the week
  4. Finish making all of the beds (washed the sheets)
  5. Laundry
  6. Put away all ski gear (once dried)
That's it! I'll be thrilled if I get all of that done? What about you? What are you up to today?

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know what you mean about three days weekends, but you sure needed the extra day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No long weekend here (we had one last weekend) so Monday was some invoicing and payroll. I made Peruvian chicken breast and it was yummy. Had couscous with it....I don't think we will do that again. I am trying new things but it just wasn't that good, maybe the variety or recipe we tried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the boys loved the ski trip. Those 3 day weekends were lovely when we had kids in school. Since TheHub only gets the big 4 holidays off, they mean very little now, but I am happy everyone with school age children had a good time.

    ReplyDelete