Tuesday, September 3, 2019

September Goals

September will be all about getting back into the swing of working (& work travel) again. I'm heading to Boulder next week, and then Tokyo at the end of the month. Here's what I'm hoping to get done in September.

1) Financial:

  • Stick to the budget
  • Come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis
  • Made $500 in side hustle
  • Sell ten items
  • Use up 10 freezer items
  • Use up 5 irregular pantry items
  • Go back to work, & into the swing of two full time working parents
  • Complete one business trip
  • Build plan for moving to part time role
  • Finish our refi & shift investments over to a better interest yielding account
2) Family - spend more time together as a family!
  • Do one fun activity/month with the kids
  • Off of the computer by 8:00 each evening
  • Have a date night with M
  • Continue with Sam's plan, meet with school. Meet with counselor.
  • Choose 2 deep cleaning house projects
  • Finish remaining projects at the beach house (fridge repair, fire pit volcanic rock, wood storage, Costco for fridge compensation)
  • Finalize house projects & budget/schedule for work. Drapes, second round of doors, budget & plan for trim.
3) Fitness/health - lose 4 lbs
  • Run 12 times
  • Stay on track with my calories & fitness while traveling
  • Track calories (1400/day) & eat 5 servings of fruit & veggies/day
  • Work out 30 times
  • Meditate 10 times
4) Personal/creative
  • Do two social things
  • Volunteer, or find an option that will fit with my schedule
  • Journal 15 times
  • Read one non-fiction book

That's it for me! What about you? What are you hoping to accomplish in September?



3 comments:

  1. Great list! I should definitely plan out my months like this--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sabbatical has gone so fast-I can't believe you are gearing up to go back. I'm not even making a September goal list. I just need to find a new normal. I like your fitness and health area-I should at least focus there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now if I could just get out of the shop I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete