Sunday, October 6, 2019

September Goals Check In

September was a bit of a whirlwind, with going back to work, a trip to Boulder, the start of a trip to Tokyo, and we had guests, a soccer tournament & plenty of other fun stuff.

Here's how I did on my goals for the month.

1) Financial:

  • Stick to the budget. - Lots of irregular expenses, but we did okay outside of that. I'm going with green, as I also worked an extra week, which helped. 
  • Come up with a new way to reduce what we need/spend on an ongoing basis - Our refi! It will definitely save us a ton of monthly on an ongoing basis. 
  • Make $500 in side hustle. - I made $64. It was more, but I deducted the eBay fees from last month. I also stopped listing items on eBay as I was getting busy with work. 
  • Sell ten items. - I sold five items. 
  • Use up 10 freezer items from our house - I used up 5 items
  • Use up 5 irregular pantry items - I used stale macadamia nuts to mix with peanut butter in homemade protein balls. 
  • Get back to work & in the swing of two working parents - We survived? 
  • Complete on business trip - yes
  • Build plan for moving to part time role - not yet
  • Finish our refi - yes!
  • Move refi money back to higher yield account - yes!

2) Family - spend more time together as a family

  • Do one fun activity/month with the kids - does a weekend of soccer tournaments count? 
  • Off the computer by 7:45 each evening - mostly
  • Have two dates with M - had dinner & drinks one night at the house while the boys were at a tournament
  • Continue with Sam's plan, meet with the school, kick of next round of tutoring. - have been making progress. M is currently the tutor, and we have an appointment at school in mid October. 
  • Deep clean the entire house. - on hold until doors are installed. 
  • Finish remaining projects at the beach house (fridge repair, fire pit, Costco compensation) - all are complete!
  • Finalize house projects & budget/schedule for work. Drapes, second round of doors, budget & plan for trim. - We finished the drapes, and have a date for door install. We haven't started the trim plan. 
3) Fitness/health
  • Run 12 times - running wasn't in the cards this month. I ran 2x. 
  • Track calories at 1400/day & 5 servings of fruit & veggies - I was at 1578/day, but did hit my fruit & veggie target. 
  • Work out 30 times - I worked out 33 times.
  • Meditate 10 times.  - I meditated 5 times. 

4) Personal/creative

  • Do two social things - Went to a friend's party & had family/friends over for dinner
  • Volunteer a minimum of 1x - I found a good way to donate to a cause that I couldn't volunteer for, so considering it a win.
  • Journal 15 times. - 15 times exactly.
  • Read one non-fiction book. - Nope


What about you? How did you do with you September goals? Any big wins for the month? 

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing and yes a weekend of soccer counts! Family time is family time regardless of where and when! My September goals are now my October goals.

    ReplyDelete