Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2020 Goals

I've made a few tweaks to my goals for the year, so here they are:

1) Financial

  • Stick to our budget (more details in upcoming posts about budget changes we've made for 2020)
  • Pay off 1/2 of our mortgage. We bought in February of 2017. Our goal is to hit the half way point by September, 2020.
  • Spend $500 or less on clothing for myself

2) Family

  • One fun activity/month with the kids
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • Two dates with M per month.
  • Schedule monthly video calls with M's family, who is unable to visit.
  • Related, learn 20 new words of Farsi, so I can communicate (even a little) with M's family

3) Fitness/health

  • Lose 15 lbs. Stop gaining & regaining. Slow & steady is fine, but keep it consistent.
  • Run 100 times. Run a half marathon in under 2:25.
  • Track calories, average 1400 cals/day
  • Complete 12,000 minutes of cardio, 100 strength & 50 stretching workouts
  • Meditate 100 times

4) Personal/creative

  • Make time for my friends. Do something social at least once per month.
  • Volunteer a minimum of 1x/month
  • Write & journal regularly
  • Adapt a more positive mindset (judge less)
  • Listen more often (vs talking)
  • Stop/greatly reduce swearing (I don't swear ever in front of most people. I have a friend/colleague who is a terrible curser, and it's rubbed off of on me.)

I'm super excited for my goals for the year. I also think that some of them will really stretch me! What about you? What are your goals for 2020? Any big goals you are excited about? 

5 comments:

  1. Judge less, that is me, but as I age it gets easier, as I get less able....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on it. It's easy to default to the quick judgment, but I'm trying to hold that initial thought & try & relate more to the other person

      Delete
  2. I've got lots of intentions. Good luck with the new language. That will be good for your boys too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know a bit more than me, but yes, looking forward to knowing enough to have a few words of conversation!

      Delete