Saving on things we buy
- Used grocery store rewards & clearance to buy 2 dozen eggs, 1 lb sausage, 1 lb of ground beef & 6 avocados for $2.26
- I sold quite a bit this week. Wasn't expecting that, but I'll take it!
- Made $45 on my old ski jacket. Which, was a lot more than I'd expected to make, given it's close to 20 years old.
- Earned enough on Swagbucks to get a $25 Amazon gift card
- Sold another three items on eBay, including a $100 piece of luggage. The other items were much smaller
- Sold our old bike rack for $50 on our neighborhood site
- Found a penny on the ground, while picking up library books
- Returned an item for Sam that was recommended for homework time allocation. We didn't find it valuable at all, and it was more of a distraction than anything else
Updated to add my frugal fail. I was dropping Nick off at school, and realized I'd forgotten to pack lunches. (I'm normally not in charge, but M is out of town.) Had to give the kids $10 cash for lunch. Oops! Definitely more than I'd have spent on a packed lunch. Organization, planning & packing your own food are always winning combinations.
In other bigger frugal news, I received my annual bonus today. I maxed out my 401K for the year, and will put everything else towards our mortgage. Woohoo! The money will be in & out of my account in record time. But, pay yourself first.
What about you? Any frugal wins for the week?