Wednesday, January 8, 2020

January Goals

With 2020 well under way, I thought I'd better get my January goals posted. I try to make my monthly goals a good representation of our yearly goals, only... smaller. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish in January:

Financial:

  • Stick to the budget
  • Continue to aggressively pay down our mortgage
  • Track all clothing purchases. (Yearly goal is below $500 for me). Known "needs" are snow boots & 1-2 new bras.
Family:
  • One fun activity/month with the kids
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • Have two dates with M 
  • Schedule monthly video calls with M's family (who can't visit due to Visa issues)
  • Learn 20 new words of Farsi
Fitness:
  • Lose 3 lbs
  • Run 10 times, begin half marathon training
  • Track calories. Eat five servings of fruit & veggies/day. Aim for 1400 calories/day.
  • Complete 1,000 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts.
  • Meditate 10 times
Personal:
  • Do something social with a friend
  • Volunteer
  • Journal 10 times
  • Finish one non-fiction book
  • Adapt a more positive mindset (judge less)
  • Listen more often (vs talking)
  • Stop/greatly reduce swearing

I try to make my goals very measurable, & most of them are. On the personal goals side, there are a few where I will just assess progress at the end of the month, vs having a tangible measurement. Are you ready for January? What's on your goal list for the month? 

2 comments:

  1. I don't make detailed lists but have a few goals: track what I eat and eat less sugar, loose 3-4 pounds. I also need to be less judgemental and listen and have more patient with others and myself. My goal is to find a small side hustle to elevate our savings as we have much more expenses with sports this year. Out peak at work is Feb and March, I need to figure out a better balance when I do overtime in those months, and it needs to start now. What has helped you the most to be present at home after long workdays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your goals - they are very relatable!

      For me, being present at home means not being on my laptop or phone. I try to carve out the time to have conversations with the kids & my husband, even when I'm tired. Getting enough sleep is a cornerstone of my patience. I'm also meditating to try & be more mindful & build my patience more generally.

      Also, it's definitely a work in progress for me!

      Delete