Monday, January 13, 2020

Menu plan Monday

As usual, we focus on cooking & food prep on the weekends, and leftovers during the work week. Here's what's on the menu for this week:


  • Saturday - Nick was supposed to make stir fry, but that didn't happen. I made a Keto friendly parmesan chicken. It was fine, but nothing I'd add to the regular line up.
  • Sunday - Carnitas with pico de gallo & guacamole
  • Monday - Tacos
  • Tuesday - Leftover parmesan chicken. I may turn these into sandwiches.
  • Wednesday - carnitas
  • Thursday - tacos & or any other leftovers
  • Friday - Naan & cauliflower crust pizza, for various diners
We have salad with all of our dinners. For the carnitas & tacos, the adults make them into salads, and the kids eat them wrapped in a tortilla.

What's on your menu plan this week? Have you tried any new recipes you'd recommend? 

5 comments:

  1. These were nice dinners. I find some of the keto recipes are pretty good, some ho hum and not worth the time or ingredient cost and some are not so hot at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I really want to find keto friendly chicken dishes, but we haven't had any winners. Much better success with beef or pork.

      Delete
  2. It seems like forever since I have caught up on your and others blogs. Life and not feeling well for a few days had taken it's toll. That and I find this time of year in NY depressing. UGH! i want to see some sunshine.

    The carnitas sounds so yummy. I will have to make that. I think Hubby would love it.

    What kind of cauliflower pizza crust do you use? The ones in the stores near me have white flour in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! Hope you are feeling better. The sun is shining in California today, although we are supposed to get rain later in the week.

      Definitely try the carnitas. I make a double batch, & have lots to freeze. We pull it out of the freezer, let it defrost, and recrisp with some of the saved sauce poured over it. It makes a quick & easy freezer meal.

      We buy our cauliflower pizzas at Costco. They currently have two kinds - a completed pizza (veggie) that we doctor up. And, one that is just the crust. I prefer the crust on the veggie pizza vs just the crust. The plain crust one doesn't bake quite as well, in my experience.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip on freezing the carnitas and sauce. I never would have thought to do that. Also,the next time we are in Rochester(90 miles away), we will go to Costco and get some of those veggie pizzas.

      Delete