Thursday, June 29, 2023

June Goals Recap

 June was a really busy month, and I can't believe it's done. We had: both kids finishing school, starting work, M's birthday, and two weekend out of town/flying trips! It's been a whirlwind. As a result, it was a lot of fun, but not as productive as some of my other months. That's okay, that's why I consistently try to set goals, even if not every month is quite as productive as others. 

Financial

  • Stick to our budget - eh, we've been traveling a lot, but have generally done well, outside of travel costs.
  • Use 6 "hard to use" freezer or pantry items - I finished off all of the meal delivery prepped meals, which has freed up a bunch of freezer space
  • Make $200 in side hustle - I made $45, selling two items
  • Start working on college funding plans - I didn't make any progress on this

Family:

  • One fun activity with with the kids - we did several fun things, including two mini weekend trips. We also played cornhole at a family party, and enjoyed it so much that we ordered a set for at home.
  • Plan fun birthday lunch with M on our shared day off - we ended up going for a run & then having lunch in Pacifica, which was lovely
  • Have two dates with M - we've had lots of time together, & enjoyed a few dates.

Fitness/Health

  • Get back on track with my running training plan - mostly there
  • Track calories & average below 1500 calories/day - I'm liking my new approach of no snacks, sweets or seconds & my calories have been consistently good on these days
  • Complete Orange Theory challenges (15 class workouts) - I'm going to finish with 14, and could push for 15, but also need to prioritize running
  • Meditate 10x - I meditated 1x, so better than prior months. 

Personal:
  • Do something social with friends - met a friend for a hike, and another friend for coffee
  • Practice French on Duolingo -  I've done a bit of this, but not consistently
  • Land on timing for French trip + hotels & activities - no real progress
  • Give away 20 items on Buy Nothing - yes!
  • Trim back herbs & give away what we won't use - no, & now I've missed the window. Need to be better next time, as I hate waste.
  • Try one food recipe from garden goodies - yes, we made grilled artichokes, & they were fantastic. 
What about you? How did you do with your June goals?



2 comments:

  1. I saw on TV there are college teams cornhole competitions. Maybe a scholarship opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to finish the big mitt knitting goal tomorrow. Even if I don't get another 25 pairs done, I am pretty darn close.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete