Monday, August 24, 2026

Fitness Monday

It was a pretty good week for me, in the health & fitness results space, even though I didn't feel great for a few days of the week. I made the most of the days where I did feel okay.

Weight: 148.1, down 1.4 lbs from my last check in, which was 2 weeks ago. 

Calories: 1,294/day

Steps: 12,193/ day

Workouts:

  • One 45 minute elliptical workout
  • Two very hard workout classes
  • One 2.5 mile walk with a friend
  • A 7 mile hike with another friend

Other health related things:

  • I'm back on the injectible medicine that I took for a few weeks before I went to Japan. I had to stop taking it when I went on antibiotics for the foot infection. Unfortunately, the first 3+ weeks you take it, you are exhausted. Like, need 11 hours of sleep exhausted. However, the long term benefit is that it makes the overall lupus symptoms better for most people - you just have to stick it out. I've been really tired over the past two weeks, and start my third injection on Thursday. I'm hopeful that I can stick it out & see the longer term benefits. It takes a while for them to kick in, sometimes as much as six months. So, it's definitely a long term investment. Fingers crossed!
  • My back has been really bothering me (more than usual), so I'm getting a massage today & I'm very happy about it!

Goals for the week:

  • Consistent workouts, even if I have to dial it back to accommodate for the days I don't feel well
  • Balanced eating. I find that I'm so tired lately, I'm skipping dinner, which is not ideal from a nutritional perspective.
What about you? How are you doing on your health & fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment