Sunday, November 22, 2015

Back from Brazil & enjoying the weekend

It was a long week (lots of travel, and connections & red eye flights), but I'm back! In exciting news, my taxi ran out of gas on the way to the airport, and I pushed it two and a half blocks while the cab driver steered. Ahhh, the memories. ;-) Would not recommend risking breaking down in the area we were in, as the crime rate was high. The good news is, I survived! :-)

We had five hours of soccer yesterday, and Nick is officially done for the season. Sam has a last game today, and Nick has a birthday party. On top of that, I'm catching up on laundry, holiday shopping, & getting ready for Thanksgiving!

I managed to sneak in a run yesterday, and went for a walk today. A headache prevented me from running again.

And, now that I'm back, I need to get organized! Here's our menu plan for the week. I'm actually going to also to try to remember what we really ate, and post that as a recap. I'll start next week!

  • Saturday - Risotto with sausage & butternut squash. This was *amazing*. 
  • Sunday - Beef kebabs, rice & greek yogurt. 
  • Monday - Leftover risotto for the adults, & leftover tacos for the kiddos. 
  • Tuesday - Leftover kebabs & rice
  • Wednesday - Something fast from the freezer. Likely, chicken & pasta
  • Thursday - we're having goat cheese crostini & pomegranate martinis (sparkling lemonade), and then roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, stuffing & pumpkin pie. A feast!
  • Friday - Crostini & butternut squash soup
  • Saturday - Thanksgiving leftovers
  • Sunday - Homemade pizza

How about you? Are you ready for the holidays? Still feeling the jetlag, but SO happy to be home!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for Thanksgiving. I love turkey ... my SIL is making one on Thanksgiving day, but I've already made one this month (I love turkey leftovers as well) and took advantage of the sales to purchase another for the freezer.

    Wow on the taxi - bet it makes for an interesting story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG craziest taxi story ever! Your menu looks way better than mine (I go day by day but nothing that exciting). The food highlight of my day is likely baking a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

    ReplyDelete