Monday, November 2, 2015

Menu Plan Monday

Here's what's on the menu at our house this week:


  • Sunday - M made loobia polo, which is a Persian dish with rice, ground beef, & green beans. Not his recipe, but a close approximation
  • Monday - leftover homemade pizza
  • Tuesday - tacos with guacamole. The avocado tree is finally about to produce ripe fruit again, & I can't stop buying avocado at the produce stand. Woohoo!
  • Wednesday - leftover loobia polo
  • Thursday - burritos made from leftover taco fixings
  • Friday - oven baked chicken risotto
  • Saturday - out. The boys have an overnight soccer tournament

And, that's it for us! What's on the menu for you this week? Any fun new recipes to try? 


4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the avocado tree. I would love to have that where we live. I'm making Guinness beef stew today which I'm pretty excited about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fall weather & soups, but no one in my family will eat them, including my husband. He's normally a pretty adventurous eater, but he says soups remind him of being sick. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Random thought....if you move to Hawaii you are a 5-6 hr flight to the west coast. It is the same from Florida. However, from Florida the entire continent of Europe is a simple 5-6 hour flight. Just thinking that it opens up a very wide world of travel as your kids get older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thought - I like the way you think. ;-) My family is all on the west coast (near Portland), so we'd like to be close to my parents as they age. It's unlikely we'll ever live full time in Hawaii. More like part time, split between the Oregon coast (very near my parents), northern California, and Hawaii.

      Delete