Here's where the money went last week:
- Monday - No spend day
- Tuesday - $36.59 - Dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, after late soccer practice. Need to break this habit!
- Wednesday - No spend day
- Thursday - No spend day
- Friday - $24.73 - pumpkins & Halloween candy
- $85.50 - Turkey Trot registration for the family. Money goes to a local high school, and gives us something fun & fit to do on Thanksgiving!
- $249.12 - groceries at Costco
- $55.99 - whiskey :-) On special offer at Costco. Who could resist?
- $28.51 - two new small pans at Costco. My parents *may* have damaged ours when they were here, so we replaced them. M is convinced that's what happened. ;-)
- $25 - hair cuts for M & Nick
- $35.75 - smog check for one of the cars
- $22.57 - groceries that M ran out of time to pick up on Saturday. Mostly baking supplies that we are out of (cinnamon, flour, brown sugar, chocolate chips, etc)
- $8.36 - produce stand
- $11.95 - Smart & Final for a container to hold our rice
Total spent = $583.20. Not too shabby, but definitely areas for improvement! The dinner out was a totally unnecessary splurge (I had a late meeting, & the kids were at a late practice). Not sure how I can get home in time to get dinner made, but need to sort something out.
How about you? Do you track your spending? Is it helpful to evaluate your spending on a weekly basis?