Saturday, November 14, 2015

Frugal Things I've Done This Week

I find putting these posts together to be very motivating! Here are a few frugal things I've done this week:


  • Meal planned, despite not being home all weekend. I got scrappy & threw together some things from the freezer, to avoid eating out. Estimating one meal out, total savings = $35
  • Cashed in a bunch of loose change I found around the house, & converted it to an Amazon gift card, to help offset holiday spending. Total savings = $20.09
  • Cancelled our nanny one day this week, as I was able to work my schedule out & not need her. Total savings = $88
  • Cancelled our cleaning lady the day after Thanksgiving & New Year's Day, as I have those days off & can clean myself. Total savings = $180
  • Found a Groupon for a $15 Starbucks gift card for $10. I also used Ebates to purchase the Groupon, which saved another $.60. I don't go to Starbucks often (mostly while traveling, etc), but it's nice to have as a backup. :-) Total savings = $5.60
  • Pre-purchased a few Great Wolf Lodge gift cards (we're going for the boys birthdays in the winter) in order to earn $60 in bonus gift cards. Total savings = $60

Total savings = $388.69

What about you? Do you track your frugal activities for the week? Any big wins lately? 

No comments:

Post a Comment