Although this has been a bit of a pain, I got very lucky with my original 529 investments. My investments yielded just over a 7% year over year return. Some years were better than others, but that was the average. The money is now all transferred into my desired account & I can mark something off of my March to do list. Progress!
I managed to do a 25 minute elliptical workout yesterday, which demonstrated that I'm slowly but surely (emphasis on slowly ;-)) coming back from my surgery. I also had a good conversation with my manager about working from home every Friday. She was very supportive. It was the right moment for such a conversation, as we've had some turnover on the team.
Here's what we're hoping to do today:
- Work out. I'm thinking a walk & maybe a strength workout. I don't think my abs are ready for yoga or pilates yet.
- Two soccer scrimmages (may be canceled due to rain)
- If the scrimmages are canceled, Sam has an indoor soccer game to attend
- Wrap some birthday gifts
- Itemize the garage freezer. I've made progress cleaning out some random items, and need to make a new inventory.
- Library, for new books as well as some returns.
- I'd like to get the boys to account for all of their current spending money & start showing them how the college investment account works. We'll create a mandatory savings for their personal money, as my parents did for me. I think I had to save 25% of my "income"?
- Laundry. It just never stops. ;-)
- Clean the boys room. (I'll help them clean).
- Figure out a menu for the week
All in all, should be a nice, relaxing day. What do you have planned for today?