We had a couple of very spendy weeks, and it always helps me to be accountable if I detail all of our spending, no matter how ugly. So, here goes. Nick found a bike on the side of the road with a "free" sign, so he is currently rebuilding the bike with M as a father/son project. It's hilarious & adorable.
Monday, 3/14 - no spend day
Tuesday, 3/15 - no spend day
Wednesday, 3/16 - no spend day
Thursday, 3/17 - Out to dinner for Nick's 9th birthday! $69.74 at his favorite Greek restaurant
Friday, 3/18 - no spend day
- $35.06 - gas
- $117.84 - groceries, at Costco
- $24.89 - M surprised me with a delicious bottle of Chardonnay. We haven't been on a date in months, so he was trying to make our evening happy hour at home special. Still a savings over a sitter & restaurant meal
- $1.04 - rust remover for the bike at Home Depot. (Price after using a gift card for the rest)
- $8.57 - a birthday gift for Nick
- $37.16 - new bike helmet for Sam, as his cracked
- $36 - house stuff at Costco. Batteries & ziplock bags, or something. M lost the receipt. ;-)
- $1410 - soccer fees for spring season, for both kids
- $53.77 - bought 6x soccer snacks (three times per season, for two kids) from Costco, plus 80 bottles of water for our emergency supplies. I had a special promotional offer, and hate remembering to pick up healthy snacks for post soccer game snacks, when I'm in charge of team snacks.
- $70.20 - Easter gifts for the boys. They are each getting a package of gummy bunnies, two books, and a Pokemon set.
Total spent for the week = $1864.27. Not crazy, given that $1410 was for soccer. Always opportunities to cut things back, though. :-)
And with that, let the weekend begin!!!