So, I've washed all of the bedding, blankets, stuffed animals, jackets, and am sealing the bike helmets that were shared while the kids were riding skateboards.
Just the kind of project I was looking for on a relaxing Sunday. ;-)
I made mahi mahi fish tacos last night for the adults, and the kids had regular ground beef tacos. Here's the menu for the rest of the week:
- Sunday - bbq burgers & tortelllini
- Monday - Pasta & meatballs
- Tuesday - Tacos
- Wednesday - Leftover burgers
- Thursday - Chicken pesto pasta
- Friday - Homemade risotto or rice pilaf
Monday (3/7) - $14.71. Sewing supplies for Nick's teddy bear, that he's had since he was born. Teddy's head is about to detach from his body, so he needs some sewing TLC. ;-)
Tuesday (3/8) - No spend day
- $476.40 - flights for my parents to spend time with the boys in place of a summer camp. This is much cheaper than camp for two, and my parents are thrilled.
- $1230.60 - flights for me + the boys for our summer trip. We will buy M's trip once his schedule is finalized.
- $325.20 - I'm leaving the boys with my parents for a week & flying back & forth before our vacation, so this is my extra flight.
- $152.20 - super, super cheap flight for my Hood to Coast trip. I booked it because the deal was so great, even though I won't be flying for 5 months.
- $15 - monthly gift to my Aunt. She is disabled & used to get quite a bit of help from my grandmother, who is now deceased. Every month I help out, but also give her a little spending money that she uses for a meal out. Her "fun" money.
Thursday (3/10) - No spend day
Friday (3/11) - No spend day
- Library fines - $35.75. *cringe*. Nick lost three books somewhere. No one knows where. We searched the entire house. I think he may have accidentally put them in a donation pile. He had to pay for this out of his own money, but still. What a giant waste.
- Target - $6. Soccer snacks (goldfish crackers)
- $3.99 - sandwich at Costco for Sam, while he & M were shopping.
- $123.12 - groceries at Costco
- $378.67 - wine. A case of my favorite wine, in fact. A huge splurge, but one that will last all year.
- $11.96 - groceries at Trader Joes
- $5.79 - produce stand
- $12 - two basic tshirts for me at Target, to replace a couple that are no longer suitable for public.
- $15.18 - a birthday gift for a kids party
- $1660.03 - flights for 4 to Hawaii (Thanksgiving trip)
- $1111.70 - two nights hotel in Hawaii (the rest covered by points)
- $44.80 - tax on frequent flier tickets, but this is for 4 tickets to Portland for Christmas
- $16.91 - Target. Soap rack for kitchen after our old one broke.
- $100 - reloaded our Amazon gift card to get $100 credit. We will use to repair the free bike we found on the side of the road. ;-)
- $80 - for a $100 Southwest Airlines gift card. M flies Southwest on a few of his trips, and this will offset part of the cost.
- $19.69 - birthday gift for Nick at Sports Authority. A new Giants hat.
- $15 - hair cut for M
Total spent = $5854.70. Holy smokes!!! No wonder I'm so twitchy about money right now. The travel will come out of our yearly budget, but it's a lot to leave the budget all at once.
And, that's it. I need to finish this week's spending, wrap up my laundry, and get some additional chores done. Looking forward to a nice, quiet evening at home.
How about you? Do you track your weekly spending? How are you doing with your goals?