- Stick to our budget - yes! We were $1300 under, mostly due to not having a nanny for much of the month.
- Save $1,500, in addition to our stock vests. This will be tight this month, as we are back to having a nanny. - Crushed it! We saved $4,000 (in addition to our stock vests) & also paid an additional $750 on our 2nd mortgage. Woohoo!
- Put $100/each in the boys college funds - Yes!
- Have one date night with M - Yes, when the boys were at summer camp. We went out 3 nights, hence the higher spending on dining out. ;-)
- Donate, sell or toss 50 items in the house. - Yes, easily achieved this. The boys & I went through their entire closets. I'd say we donated more than 100 items.
- Clean the garage! - Nope, didn't make this happen.
- Train nanny. Mostly hired. ;-) - She's hired & trained, but we're still working through some issues. Her sister is getting married & she needs a bunch of time off, plus is not consistently available on Fridays. It's been a process.
- Lose 2 pounds. - I lost .7 of a lb. So, progress! Not as much as I wanted, but I'll take any downward progress. :-)
- Eat 5 servings of fruits & vegetables - I didn't track very often. Need to get back on this.
- Complete 5 stretching workouts (yoga or pilates) - I managed to get in 4 stretching workouts.
- Complete 7 strength workouts - And, 4 strength workouts.
- Complete 1200 minutes of cardio. It's a big month with my adventure relay - Woohoo! I'm at 1245 for the month.
- Average 1350 calories/day - I finished at 1426, which is slightly higher. I had a few higher days that really impacted this.
- Successfully finish my relay! - Yes!!!! I came in exactly at my pace time, for two really challenging legs, so feeling very proud of this.
- Maximum of one late night/week - I definitely didn't achieve this one. Between the nanny training & general work chaos, I had to split my day up a bit to accommodate being home in the afternoons.
- Work from home at least one Friday this month - Yes, I managed this once.
- Explore other work options at my existing company - I've pretty much ruled this out, and am not planning to find another role here.
- Read four books - Yes! Probably more like 8.
- Get together with one friend - Yes, I did a hike, spent time with my parents when they were here, and also got to spend time with my sister & BFF last weekend.
All in all, I'm very pleased with my progress this month. Next month, my focus is on fitness & actually making progress on the weight loss! What about you? How did you do with your August goals?