It's been a very crazy week. We're doing a team wide re-organization, which involves an absolutely enormous amount of coordination & communication. Sam has been at science camp this week, so things have been a bit quieter than normal here & I'm excited to have him home this afternoon!
I've been too busy to spend any money this week, but here are a few frugal things I've accomplished:
- Called Comcast over a billing error, and gotten $70 reversed. There is another $70 erroneous charge, but I need to call again about the second charge. Check your bills!
- I haven't done any "shopping for fun" in a long time, but I did look at a few cute dresses online, & then just left them in my cart. It was enough to browse around & get a few ideas of how to better use the things in my closet.
- Price matched all of our existing 2017 travel, & requested a $20 flight credit for our adult Hawaii trip, as fares have dropped.
- Made all of our meals at home this week, even though we had a broken oven for a few days.
- Exchanged a pair of running shoes that didn't fit.
- M took an Uber to the airport this morning, and used a free credit to offset the cost
Here are the non frugal things that happened this week:
- Continue to fund repairs & yard work at our rental house (it's going on the market next week!) in order to get it move in ready
- Had to replace soccer balls & practice socks for both kids. When you play as much soccer as my peeps do, you have to replace the gear pretty regularly
- Paid off all of our library fines. Sigh. How books got lost in the move (along with our Amazon remote that we have never found), I'll never know.
- Order reusable replacements for ziplock bags, in an attempt to both be more environmentally friendly, and save cost over the long haul. I am testing out a few from Amazon, and will come back with a report either way on longevity of the bags, how easy they are to clean, etc.
I am so VERY happy that it's Friday! Looking forward to getting a bunch of stuff done this weekend, as well as relaxing & enjoying the cooler weather. What about you? Any frugal wins to celebrate?