It's been a pretty typical week at our house, but here's our list of frugal wins.
- M replaced the brakes on my car
- And, changed the oil on my other car
- I declined a fundraising party I was invited to, and sent a donation instead. I don't need to buy anything new, and would rather my money go straight to the source.
- I bought a PT ball (I'm seeing a physical therapist about my limited shoulder mobility on one side), and used my health care savings account.
- I've been wanting to try a new local restaurant, and to expand the horizons of my youngest eater. A cute local eatery had a Groupon, so I bought that before Mother's Day. I'll use the Groupon to take the kids out on a weekday, and see how they do with Italian food. I know my eldest will love it. I'm trying to get the 10 year old to try new things.
- For Mother's Day, we stayed in & M made dinner. The kids bought me flowers (an inexpensive bouquet), & we spent the afternoon playing by the pool. No expensive dinners out. It was absolutely perfect.
- I picked up a free book that someone left at the office donation pile. Once I'm done with it, I'll pass it along to our library book sale.
- I had a dentist appointment, and have no cavities. This is great health news, but also good fiscal news, as it means no out of pocket spending for any dental treatment.
- We line dryed the majority of our clothes and made all of our meals at home.
What about you? Any big frugal wins?