Sunday, May 7, 2017

The weekend goes by too quickly


We were up at 5:30 for a soccer game, but now have the rest of the afternoon (mostly) free. I plan to work out, and I'll eventually get Nick to a free art class he's trying. Then we will pick M up at the airport, and I plan to make it a very early evening. I had a bunch of other chores I'd marked as something I'd like to accomplish today, but I, quite frankly, do not see that happening. ;-)

I have my international team in town this week, so I have one team dinner, and a few evening social activities. I will likely only attend one, as it's too much with the rest of our schedule.

In exciting news, our rental house is going on the market next week! I'm so excited to get that sorted out. Woohoo for progress!

And, because menu planning keeps me sane, here's what we're eating this week.

Friday - Spaghetti & meatballs (the boys had leftovers from the fridge, I had a single serving freezer lasagna meal - leftover from my parents visit).
Saturday - Taco quesadillas (the boys had this, using up leftover taco meat. I had a single serving freezer meal of chicken risotto).
Sunday - Fettuccine alfredo using a Costco rotisserie chicken. I'm going for something like this recipe.
Monday - kebabs from the freezer + rice?
Tuesday - I'll be at a team dinner. Leftover fettuccine for the other diners
Wednesday - baked fish & pasta
Thursday - gyozos & baked chicken
Friday - homemade risotto

Nick subbed on Sam's team this morning (an early morning game, but at least it was a gorgeous morning) & watching the boys play together was definitely my weekend highlight. Nick scored a goal off of an assist from his brother. Sam swung him around & lifted him up in congratulations. It was . . . adorable & made the weekend worth it. I love seeing them work hard together & also have the right attitude to support each other. Super cute. Wish I would have had my camera ready.

What about you? What was the best part of the weekend? And, what's one thing you're looking forward to this week? 

1 comment:

  1. The weekend was my daughters play and other daughters friends wedding. So busy almost ready for work week.

    ReplyDelete