Sunday, February 9, 2020

Enjoying the weekend

I was crazy productive last week at work. I think the combination of a few tricks I put in place from my retreat, being behind & having a big backlog of things to tackle, & then just being in the right mindset after my training gave me the edge to do a lot of hard things I've put off. That said, having hard conversations & dealing with challenges is emotionally really draining for me, so I've been sleeping a lot & not worrying about it.

 I missed my morning workouts a couple of days, while catching up on emails from my Asia team. In a few weeks, I'll have handed all of them off to a new manager, so that will free up 8 hours/week of meetings, plus emails. Hurrah!

I managed three runs last week, plus a walk at work, and have a hike scheduled for this morning. I didn't lift weights, so hoping to hit the gym with Nick this afternoon. We also have a futsal game & Sam has math tutoring.

I'm planning to try a new recipe (Picadillo), so will report back if it's any good. M made a Persian feast last night, and we had that with my favorite cupcakes & champagne, as an early birthday evening. The kids wrapped presents (one used paper that said "birthday boy" on it, so we all got a laugh out of it.) Casual, at home birthdays are my favorite kind, by far. The boys got me a plant, a book I've been wanting, a shower spray that I tried at the spa & definitely wanted more of, a purse, and a new hair product. That's actually way more than I'd normally get, but I think M got a few last minute ideas & got them all. I'm feeling very spoiled!

Yesterday morning & afternoon was all about the kids: running club, a birthday party, & two soccer scrimmages, so it was nice to get the time together in the evening. Now we're on to Sam's birthday & our ski trip next weekend. I need to get organized.

It looks like the sun might come out for my hike this morning, so I'm happy about that. Here's the to do list for the day:


  • Hike with friend
  • Make muffins
  • Put picadillo in the crockpot (new recipe, fingers crossed)
  • Get ski stuff packed & organized for Whistler. Determine how many bags we will take
  • Pack Sam's birthday gift
  • Get Nick's birthday gift wrapped
  • Get cash for boys birthdays (my sister Venmo'd me, so I need to put the cash in cards)
  • Have the boys call my parents
  • Iron out food prep for next weekend with my mom
  • Figure out a gift for our host (we're staying with M's cousin one night)
  • Plan for the week
  • Laundry (always. There is so much laundry at my house)
  • Print & schedule all training runs from training plan
I'm sure there's more, but that's it off the top of my head! Hope you have a fabulous Sunday!


3 comments:

  1. I hope you get your to do list all done and enjoy your weekend in the process. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get all that done girl and then sit and enjoy a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you - always nice to get spoiled by your family

    ReplyDelete