Monday, February 3, 2020

February goals & a menu plan for the week

Here's what's on the menu for the week:

  • Friday - we were very tempted to order out, as I had a late flight on Friday evening. We even priced out an Uber eats order. When I saw it would be $66 for not much food, I couldn't handle it, and whipped together a few freezer options. It wasn't the most cohesive meal, but it worked fine. 
  • Saturday - we tried a new keto friendly chicken pesto dish & it was very good. 
  • Sunday - Super Bowl food. Pizza, wings, chips & guac, etc. 
  • Monday - leftover chicken pesto
  • Tuesday - tacos, chips & guac
  • Wednesday - any other leftover Super Bowl food
  • Thursday - taco salads
  • Friday - TBD

And with that, our goals for February.

1) Financial

  • Stick to the budget
  • Stay on track & minimize spending while on our ski trip to Whistler
  • Pay down our mortgage to a new milestone
  • No clothing/shoes/jewelry purchases (this is limited to just me)
2) Family
  • Do one fun activity/month with the kids
  • Off the computer by 7:30 each evening
  • Have two dates with M
  • Schedule a call with M's family
  • Start practicing with Farsi flashcards
3) Fitness/health
  • Lose 3 lbs
  • Run 10 times, continue half marathon training
  • Track calories, eat 5 servings a day of produce. Aim for 1400 calories/day
  • Complete 1000 minutes of cardio, 10 strength & 5 stretching workouts
  • Meditate 10 times.


4) Personal
  • Get together with a friend
  • Investigate offline/non time sensitive volunteer opportunities
  • Journal 10 times
  • Adapt a more positive mindset (judge less)
  • Listen more often vs talking
  • Stop/greatly reduce swearing
  • Read one non-fiction book
  • At the retreat I went to, we discussed "disruptive experiments", which are small (or large) things you can try to break habits that aren't working well for you. Here are the three I'm going to try in February.
    • Compliment M once/day
    • Go through my work calendar & aim for 10% of all of my time to be spent on the coaching & development of other people, or myself
    • When faced with a hard task at work, I sometimes procrastinate my surfing the internet. Instead, take a quick walk outside, or do quiet deep breathing. Refocus on the task at hand, and ask myself why I'm procrastinating. Often, the task is so much easier once you just dive in. 
That's it for me! What about you? What do you have planned for February? 



2 comments:

  1. I need to think about some February goals but right now I just have to get through the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Feb goals are to be more intentional on annual goals. Im detouring a bit already though, unavoidably.

    ReplyDelete