Here are the other frugal wins for the week.
Saving money on things we buy
- Remembered to apply a $12 rebate to my Amazon account right before it expired
- Found a penny on the ground. Big money!
- Earned $18.24 at Rakuten, and applied the money to our mortgage pay down.
- Listed three travel gift cards for sale. We purchased them to use on our anniversary trip, but it's likely we will attach our anniversary trip to a work trip on my end, cutting the flight costs in half.
- I wasn't sure which bucket to put this in, but we finally received a refund from the DMV for our car tabs. They sent us two bills, three months apart. I wasn't paying attention, and paid a second time. Eventually, I realized that I'd already paid, and requested a refund. Dealing with the DMV can sometimes be an adventure, but they were actually pretty prompt in the refund. We now have $457 that would have disappeared into the ether without my calls.
- We also carpooled with a friend to a high school orientation night for Sam. Cannot believe we're talking about high school orientation!
How did you do? Any frugal wins to share?