Sunday, May 7, 2023

Productive Sunday

 I didn't get as much done as I wanted yesterday, but I've been very productive today. I'll take it!

I worked out this morning, dropped off four bags at Goodwill, vacuumed the house, cleaned the pantry, organized my closet, did a load of laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, picked up hamburger buns at the store, swept the back patio, trimmed back the parsley (between rain showers), made the teens breakfast,  & found more items to post on Buy Nothing. Hurrah! I love a productive morning. 

Here's what's still left on the to do  list:

  • Prep the fajitas (slice peppers & onions, make the marinade). 
  • Clean the kitchen
  • Start my Tokyo packing list, & schedule for M
  • Make a salad
  • Practice Spanish on Duolingo
What about you? Are you having a relaxing Sunday? 



6 comments:

  1. We are now in early summer. It is getting very warm. I walked an hour, cooking dried beans for the week, cooked fresh turnip greens from the farmer’s market, etc. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typically, it's also warm here. However, we've been having super gray, rainy days. I've not enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. As usual, what you get done on the weekends blows me away!

    Today I finished packing for our hike across Spain, and the follow up cruise around Greek Isles (packing challenges!), discussed whether to stay in our current home vs downsizing even closer to ocean, (we’ll stay for now), then attended a play & enjoyed complimentary wine afterward at a winery we belong to. Home now to make terriyaki deal Mon, rice and peas for dinner.

    - Tamara R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, packing for a fabulous trip!! That sounds amazing. We're not quite yet to a conversation about downsizing, but it's on the horizon, with one about to be a senior, and the other about to be a junior. We will probably stay where we are, because property taxes make it so disadvantageous to ever sell.

      A play & wine sounds fabulous! Oh, and everything but the peas (one of the only veggies I won't eat.) ;-)

      Delete
    2. Regarding property taxes- as soon as one of you reaches 55 years, you can transfer your property tax base. Search for Props 60 & 90.

      - Tamara

      Delete
    3. ooh, good to know! Thank you! My husband already qualifies.

      Delete