Like last year, I stuck to 12 goals, as I had more than 20 in previous years, & it got ridiculously hard to track. I want to follow a similar model this year, & bump it up to 13. I always try to make my goals both specific & measurable, because I like being able to track my progress (or, in some cases, non-progress :-)).
I'm definitely not locked on these, but here's what I'm thinking:
- Lose 10 pounds, bringing my weight to 135.
- Track my food/exercise every day in My Fitness Pal.
- Complete 12,000 minutes of cardio.
- Complete 100 strength workouts.
- Complete 100 stretching workouts.
- Run 10 races. I have a few in mind, but basically want to challenge myself to really maintain my running endurance throughout the year.
- Reach 50% of our boys college fund savings.
- Pay $50,000 of principal on our mortgages.
- Have 1 date night per month with M.
- Get together with two friends per month.
- Track our spending, stick to our budget, & continue the monthly reports.
- Review our charitable contributions, & increase our yearly giving by 10%.
- Organize one room in our house per month.