Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April goals wrap up


April has been quite a wild ride. For the most part, given the month, I'm pleased with my progress overall. Can't win 'em all. :-)

For the financial challenge:
  1. Cut $100 off of our fixed expenses. We've done a great job reviewing all of our utility bills (we bucket this for cable, internet, cell phones, etc), but there's always more to do. - We shaved $40 off of our cable package, but that's it.
  2. Make $500 towards my girls trip. - Done!
  3. Cut eating out back to $150 for the month. - Yeah, no. The month threw us some unexpected curve balls. We spent $250 on dining out.
  4. Cut the groceries back to $550, and really focus on meal planning and reducing food waste. We've gotten sloppy.- Yes! We spent $429.83, thanks in part to our Costco rebate & also our increased dining out. ;-)
  5. Keep the house spending to $100. We've been buying a lot of miscellaneous things for the house, & I put postage charges (eBay) in this category, so I'd like to include those charges & still keep this to $100. - We spent $231 on the "house" category. Much of it was eBay/postage related, but there was also the charge for refilling our propane (barbecue), buying fish food & supplies, as well as shampoo, mouthwash, etc.
Other April goals:

  1. Lose 2 lbs, bringing my weight to 142. - I lost one pound. This month, I'll take it! :-)
  2. Complete the following workouts: - I clearly couldn't work out as much as I wanted in April.
    1. 1200 minutes of cardio - Closing out the month at 902 minutes. . . my first time under 1,000 in a LONG time.
    2. 12 strength workouts - I completed 6 strength workouts.
    3. 10 stretching workouts - I completed 5 stretching workouts - still better than January & February!
    4. Try one new to me workout - Nope.
  3. Run 100 miles in April. - I ran 50 miles in April, & I'm happy that I managed that.
  4. Run a 10K - Yes! Had a great time & ran harder than I thought I could !
  5. Finalize summer break plans & book all camps/childcare - Yes!
  6. Buy one tuition credit for each kid. - Yes!
  7. Pay an extra $1000 on the mortgage. - This is the first month we've ever really tracked it, but we paid just a smidge over $1000 extra.
  8. File & pay for our taxes. Gulp. - Done! Goodbye, $13K. I barely knew ya.
  9. One date night with M. - Yes!
  10. Two get togethers with friends. - I managed one, just a few days ago.
  11. Clean out my closet & dressers. - Nope.
  12. Book last plane ticket for girls trip. - Yes!
  13. Tackle one additional drawer or closet in the garage - sort, inventory & donate. - Nada.
  14. Read 2 books. - I read one!
  15. Plan fun weekend with my nephew (for his spring break) - Yes! He came, we baked, he had a great time. :-)
Phew! Hoping May is a much more fabulous month. How about you? How did you do with your April goals?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hawaii Planner,

    You have a really great site! I love how useful a lot of your topics are. I was wondering if we could exchange shout-outs. Would you please consider mentioning my website on your next post? I’ll be sure to mention yours on my blog in return. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete