I'm joining Carla on a savings challenge for the month, so I'll add a few additional financial goals to the mix for the month.
Here's what I'd like to accomplish:
For the financial challenge:
- Cut $100 off of our fixed expenses. We've done a great job reviewing all of our utility bills (we bucket this for cable, internet, cell phones, etc), but there's always more to do.
- Make $500 towards my girls trip.
- Cut eating out back to $150 for the month.
- Cut the groceries back to $550, and really focus on meal planning and reducing food waste. We've gotten sloppy.
- Keep the house spending to $100. We've been buying a lot of miscellaneous things for the house, & I put postage charges (eBay) in this category, so I'd like to include those charges & still keep this to $100.
- Lose 2 lbs, bringing my weight to 142.
- Complete the following workouts:
- 1200 minutes of cardio
- 12 strength workouts
- 10 stretching workouts
- Try one new to me workout
- Run 100 miles in April.
- Run a 10K
- Finalize summer break plans & book all camps/childcare
- Buy one tuition credit for each kid.
- Pay an extra $1000 on the mortgage.
- File & pay for our taxes. Gulp.
- One date night with M.
- Two get togethers with friends.
- Clean out my closet & dressers.
- Book last plane ticket for girls trip.
- Tackle one additional drawer or closet in the garage - sort, inventory & donate.
- Read 2 books.
- Plan fun weekend with my nephew (for his spring break)
I think that should just about do it! What are you hoping to accomplish in April?